the online ramblings of a generally confused game designer

Friday, June 02, 2006

friday update

'Visiting Day' is now in full swing. Having upgraded my pc with CS2 & Flash 8 (for a ridiculously high price) the game's visual qualities are already improving. I'm still scratching away, with the bulk of code for two of the minigames done. I'm hoping to get another 3 together for the initial release (2 - 3 months away). I am aiming to spend a month or so ballancing and fixing the gameplay to produce something small and refined rather than something big and haphazard.

The music for the game is really comming along. My main contact in the band has sent me a work in progress for the main theme, which is a weird mix of cirque du solei and phantom of the opera... very odd. It's completely changed my plans for the visitors. It's going to create a very cool mood in the game.

so... more to come, obviously.. here's a couple of pics to keep you ravenous blog readers happy for a little while :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo it's looking pretty cool, I'm getting myself a psp soon, so will I be able to test it when it's finished? :D

11:08 am

 
Blogger gnome said...

Beautiful. Can't wait to see it animated.

12:05 pm

 
Blogger mike said...

catherine: cheers very much.. ummm, u will be able to test it.. the level ive got a screen grab from there is ohh so nearly finished (just needs colision detection put in).. can't wait to chuck this game to the testers.

gnome: in time friend, in time :) well, in about a week or so to be more precise

12:23 pm

 
Blogger gnome said...

Aha! A week then.

9:26 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home