the online ramblings of a generally confused game designer

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

new look.. new scanner.. new clothes

Well, by now you've probably noticed the new style for my blog.. a few hours work and it feels a lot more like home. let me know what you think.

My day off was dull.. I'm starting to realise I'm a bit of a workaholic. No word on the TV stuff, so I'm going to get started on Elephant Arms.. I bought a new sketch book earlier and have started doing some new character sketches for the guy. The design of the character has been crystalizing in my head for a few weeks now, and he's now at a stage where I feel comfortable sharing. Plus I bought a scanner yesterday, so finally I can upload stuff without bothering my mates.



He's wearing a scarf. I'm not sure why, except perhaps the enormous amount of woolen clothes I've bought in the last couple of weeks. After wearing cotton t-shirts my whole life they feel like the height of luxury :) Anyway, the scarf adds to the sense of melancholy, and I'm sure will be useful from a gameplay perspective. That said, I'm getting a lot of inspiration for interaction from the excellent 'Fahrenheit' (i have the xbox version).. the claustrophobia level is a real eye opener on interaction / performance dynamics.

I may well try to make a little walk cycle for the guy in flash, I seem to live in that software now.. and if I do, you'll be the first to know.

mike's film review - A Cock and Bull Story
saw it last night, very funny, very clever (but not as much as it thinks) and some great in-jokes. Any mainstream british comedy which uses Hedda Gabler as a punchline is good in my book.

4 Comments:

Blogger gnome said...

Yes! Definetely prefer the new design... Simple and clean.

10:35 am

 
Blogger mike said...

cheers, i thought so

1:59 pm

 
Blogger gnome said...

of course you did....

and great artwork too (I'm refering to the newer links)

5:01 pm

 
Blogger mike said...

cheers mate

7:33 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home