the online ramblings of a generally confused game designer

Friday, December 23, 2005

a little more depth

My last post was a bit on the short side, so here's a bit of an extension on each of my on going projects

'Mirror'
The development on the game is going well, the flash programming for it is about a third of the way through.. there's some working code over at http://www.animationnewport.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1157 which you can have a play with, a little buggy, but worth a look. The game is simple in terms of gameplay, but complex in terms of the maths going on under the hood... so a couple of late nights up ahead.

TV Project
I've been approached to do some character design and animation towards a new kids TV show. It's under wraps right now, but there are some interesting people and ideas involved. If the show gets picked up then this could provide me with a nice little piece of freelance work.. I'll give more details when I can, but as with any professional project in development I have to keep my cards pretty close to my chest

'David'
A side project I'm currently at the design documentation stage on. It will take the form of an online compendium of smaller games. The plan is for this to form a showreel / self-promotion piece that I can distribute to people I'm interested in working with. The games follow the adventures of David, a teenager with no legs, and robotic arms. Each game tells the story of a different dilema in the young man's life, hopefully in an intriguing and comical way.. fingers crossed, i've got some concept imagery I'll upload at some point soon.

Unnamed Mod
I've stepped back on the development of the Half Life mod I was designing with a team. I felt the need to focus on projects closer to my own heart. I continue to argue with the guys making it about their creative choices though.. that's always fun to do

that's all for now.. happy christmas, and good luck in the new year

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home