the online ramblings of a generally confused game designer

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Reunion goes into production

Well, a rather shambolic couple of months as far as posting goes, I apologize. As I was slaving away at canvases and keyboards I suppose I never felt I really had anything useful to show off, and definitely nothing at a finished enough standard that I was prepared to put it online as a 'this is what my game will look like' piece. Well pre-production has slowed off now, and tommorow I enter full blown production on the game, for completion at the start of May (the 10th I think).

This blog will now switch into a full blown dev diary, kind of like when I was working on Entropy last year. You'll see diary entries each day (although the blog itself will only be updated every few days) detailing the process that goes into producing a four month project.

Needless to say, this dev diary isn't going to be particularly arty for a month or so, which could mean a bland-ish blog. To fix this, instead of producing a PDF artbook, I will be using all the concept artwork I produced to illustrate the dev diary, at least until there start to be interesting things to show from the actual production.

Here we go, dear readers, and I'll see you on the other side :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hola Mike. Would just like to say that I was majorly impressed with the quality and tone of the images you've produced for Reunion; Very well considered colour use and style, consistent with the theme of the game.

Suffice to say, your best graphical work yet. And the control system was pretty 'trendy' too.

Nice job matey ;)

1:32 pm

 
Blogger gnome said...

Ah, excellent, we've got lots of stuff to look forward too... But, but, can't we also have the PDF book? Please? And some tea after that?

2:40 pm

 
Blogger mike said...

Jules: Cheers mate, and may I say that despite my constant nit picking questions I was also very impressed with your work on Nadir, when you gonna put up a production blog for that mister :)

Gnome: hmmm, dunno bout the tea, but yeah, I should be able to rustle something up

4:39 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home